Zombie-free at last!
It's absolutely amazing! The priest's son, the one he animated in his madness, was the source of the infection! It was surprisingly easy to take him down, considering that poor Oban was so shaken from his prior experience that he elected to remain behind at the inn. I suppose I don't mean easy so much as I mean I expected it to be more difficult than it actually was. At any rate, when we finished up with that, we went back to the streets to see more-dead-than-usual zombies littering the town.
Unfortunately there are more problems here than just zombies. A woman the locals call Mad Mary is missing her daughter, and although I can't blame the child for wanting to escape, I fear something awful may have happened due to the poor timing. We also spoke to the late Burgomaster's daughter, who suspects that the vampire Strahd is behind it all. The holy symbol of Ravenkind has been stolen as well, although it seems that only the Burgomaster could use it, anyway. That may or may not be a problem; I'll have to think on it.
In a graveyard we found a knight of the Order of the Raven being pursued by a number of murks. Tessa handily disposed of them and the man, surprisingly dashing for a human, filled us in on some local history before we escorted him back to the inn to rest until he fully recovered himself. Under the graveyard we found a nest of ghasts, including a harpy, and wiped those out as well.
On a more personal note, relations with my companions continue to be complicated. E has begun speaking; evidently he was under a five-year vow of silence. It pains me to say this, but I rather wish he still were, as he can be extremely rude and downright nasty at times. Maro is still a hateful little elf obsessed with burning everything in his path, but he can be caught in the occasional act of compassion, so I have hopes for him. Tessa. . . I seem to have offended Tessa, although I'm not sure why. I offered to help her with her hair, since it's so often untidy, but she told me that she can't pamper herself until there are no more undead anywhere in the world. Gladys was urging me to help her, for she feels immense pity for this poor, lost, lonely child, but Tessa spurned all arguments about needing to live. I can't think that her god would truely begrudge her a tiny reward for all her work, but she seems to think so. I shall attempt to tread delicately around her sensiblities in the future. I hope a slower approach will be more warmly received.
Unfortunately there are more problems here than just zombies. A woman the locals call Mad Mary is missing her daughter, and although I can't blame the child for wanting to escape, I fear something awful may have happened due to the poor timing. We also spoke to the late Burgomaster's daughter, who suspects that the vampire Strahd is behind it all. The holy symbol of Ravenkind has been stolen as well, although it seems that only the Burgomaster could use it, anyway. That may or may not be a problem; I'll have to think on it.
In a graveyard we found a knight of the Order of the Raven being pursued by a number of murks. Tessa handily disposed of them and the man, surprisingly dashing for a human, filled us in on some local history before we escorted him back to the inn to rest until he fully recovered himself. Under the graveyard we found a nest of ghasts, including a harpy, and wiped those out as well.
On a more personal note, relations with my companions continue to be complicated. E has begun speaking; evidently he was under a five-year vow of silence. It pains me to say this, but I rather wish he still were, as he can be extremely rude and downright nasty at times. Maro is still a hateful little elf obsessed with burning everything in his path, but he can be caught in the occasional act of compassion, so I have hopes for him. Tessa. . . I seem to have offended Tessa, although I'm not sure why. I offered to help her with her hair, since it's so often untidy, but she told me that she can't pamper herself until there are no more undead anywhere in the world. Gladys was urging me to help her, for she feels immense pity for this poor, lost, lonely child, but Tessa spurned all arguments about needing to live. I can't think that her god would truely begrudge her a tiny reward for all her work, but she seems to think so. I shall attempt to tread delicately around her sensiblities in the future. I hope a slower approach will be more warmly received.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home