The Secret Diary of Naaran

The adventuring journal of Naaran Anaraan

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Starting out

I've just spent days travelling with Glorfindel, dear boy, and some human named Gobula. That child is awfully sullen, I really must do something to bring him out of his shell. We ended up at this ratty little inn and fell in with some others, for lack of anything better to do.

My first impressions:

Oban. Poor little fellow. He tries so hard to compensate for his small size with his large axe, but really, those colors are a terrible combination. Silly halflings, they have no fashion sense. I know we can't all be elves, but we can certainly aspire to greatness, can't we?

Tessalyn. A pretty thing, for a human. Far too serious for her own good, though. She needs to lighten up and enjoy what nature has gifted her with. She'd be as pretty as a human could be if she'd only emphasise herself a little. Less on the armor, more on the silk. Perhaps I'll pick a little something up for her, just to make friends and let her know I can help.

E. So silent. So mysterious. Such pretty hair. Such a shame he's human. I just want to pet him. Perhaps, when we're done with all this fuss, I can keep him.

I know I'm a bit rich in years to be out like this, but I suppose I do need some practical experience. I don't like being in the muck with all those distressingly messy creatures, but not all knowledge is contained in books. Yet. I'll see what I can do to rectify that situation.

On the garbled request of the town Burgomeister, we traveled out to this grubby little village only to be accosted by ranks (and I do mean rank!) of zombies. I helped out by offering what I knew of their weak points and healing the ones who were hurt, although it was terrible to have to touch anyone who had been slimed by that rotting offal. I was glad I'd prepared a couple of good spells, though, as that kept me far enough away from the nasty action. Eww. Zombies and their ilk may make for fascinating study, but I'd far rather do so in a cozy library from a nice distance. Perhaps with a light potpourri scenting the air. Anything but the stink of decaying flesh.

I think I have to go and be sick, now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home